CookiesMay 18, 2022 2022-05-18 14:03
1.What are cookies
Cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when accessing certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize to user. The User’s browser memorizes Cookies on the hard disk only during the current session, occupying a minimum memory space and not harming the computer. Cookies do not contain any kind of specific personal information, and most of them are deleted from the hard drive at the end of the browser session (so-called Session Cookies).
Most browsers accept Cookies as standard and, independently of them, allow or prevent temporary or memorized Cookies in security settings.
Without your express consent we will not link the stored data in cookies with your personal data provided at the time of your request or purchase.
2.- What kind of cookies do we use and what for?
2.1 Depending on the length of time they remain activated:
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in your browser until you leave the website, not being recorded on the hard drive of your computer or equivalent device. With it, the traffic patterns on the web are analyzed, which allows us to progressively improve the content and uses of the web.
- Persistent cookies: they are those that are stored on the hard disk for a certain time and are read by our website each time a new visit is made. These cookies expire once the pre-established period has elapsed and are usually used to facilitate the purchase and registration services.
2.2 According to its purpose:
- Technical cookies: They are those that allow the user to obtain satisfactory navigation since they allow the website to function properly. For example, they allow controlling traffic and data communication, accessing restricted access areas, carrying out the purchase process or request form, using security elements, storing content for the broadcast of videos or sharing content through social networks.
- Analysis cookies: They are those that allow quantifying the number of users and thus perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the services provided.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with predefined characteristics based on a series of criteria (language, type of browser through which the service is accessed, regional settings from where the service is accessed, etc).
- Advertising cookies: They are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that we offer.
3.- Who is using cookies?
According to the entity that manages the cookies, we
- Own cookies: They are those that are sent from our own computers or domain.
- Third party cookies: these are those that are sent from a computer or domain that is not managed by us, but by a third party. We use third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service.
4.- What are your choices regarding cookies?
You can set and modify your cookie preferences at any time by using the Cookie Management Preference Tool available here.
4.2- Browser and device controls
Some web browsers provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. The procedure for managing cookies is slightly different for each internet browser. You can check the specific steps in your particular browser help menu. See some examples below:
- Internet Explorer: Windows.microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
You can change your cookies’ preferences here:
4.3.- What happens if I disable cookies?
- The changes you make to your cookie preferences may make browsing the Website a less satisfying experience. In some cases, you may even find yourself unable to use parts of the Website.
- Opting out of the placement of advertising cookies does not mean you will not see advertisements; it means you won’t see personalized advertising.
- Note that if you use browser or device controls and/or if you delete or clear cookies on your device after you have modified your cookie preferences, the next time you visit the Website our cookies banner will appear and you will need to select your preferences again. Please therefore ensure that your preferences contained in the Cookie Management Preference Tool are up to date.
5.- Interest-based advertising and profiling
- Interest-based advertising cookies will be placed on your device, if you choose to accept advertising cookies, by our third-party service providers. These cookies will remember your web browsing activity and group together your interests in order to send you targeted advertisements which are relevant to you. We use interest-based advertising to keep you informed of new LoolMall campaigns, products and services. We manage this through a variety of digital marketing networks and advertisement exchanges and use a range of advertising technologies, which may include profiling (as explained below).
- If interest-based advertising cookies are set on your device when you visit the Website, you will see LoolMall banners and advertisements when you are on other websites and applications. These banners and advertisements are based on a combination of the information we and our service providers hold about you, your previous use of websites including the Website (such as your search history and the content you view on the Website) or on any banners or advertisements you have previously clicked on.
- Information such as your browsing and purchase activity may be used by the digital marketing networks and advertisement exchanges to infer certain things about you (such as your age and gender) in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitudes. LoolMall doesn’t obtain this information, but our third-party service providers may use this information to make advertising more relevant to you, personalize our services and to better understand the interests and preferences of our customers.
6.- How long are cookies set for and how long will we hold any cookie data?
6.1.- The lifespan of the cookies we use differs depending on the category of cookies. For example, session cookies only last until you close your browser. Persistent cookies have a longer lifespan and aren’t automatically deleted when you close your browser. Our persistent cookies allow us to recognize you between visits, for example by remembering your preferred settings such as language and country, or are generally used to tailor our content to your preferences.
6.2.- Generally, each category of cookies is set on your browser for the following time periods:
- The browsing session: these cookies expire when you close your browser;
- The short term: these cookies expire within 1 month or less. Some of these cookies are used to remember you and products you are interested in for subsequent visits in the short term;
- Short to medium term: these cookies last between 1 month and 1 year. Some of these cookies are used to remember your language and the country in which you are based, to facilitate product recommendations in future visits, and to tailor advertising based on your interests;
- Longer term: these cookies expire over 1 year after being set, and are generally used to recognize you across devices, to integrate with third party tools such as social networking websites and to facilitate our understanding of how the Website is used across a longer period.
If you would like further information on data retention and a breakdown of retention periods, please contact us using the contact details at the end of this policy.